1512 Center Street
Located at corner of Houston Avenue & Center Street with easy vehicular access in and out of downtown as well as to major highways. There is a regional walk/bike path adjacent to property and the building is walking distance to breweries, restaurants, coffee shops. The south-facing building offers lots of natural light and features a large parking lot and spectacular views of downtown.
Washington Avenue Arts District.
- Newly state-recognized cultural district in Houston
- Largest concentration of working artists in Texas with 300+ independent artist studios
- Diverse cultural community with artists & galleries, architecture & digital design companies, public transit & bike routes, fabrication companies, education centers, museums & attractions, local dining, boutique shopping, and nightlife
- Ongoing gentrification in one of the remaining central locations
Transportation / Recreational Amenities
- Buffalo Bayou Park: 10-acre site along Buffalo Bayou is a key focus of city and community leaders to revitalize the historic area west of downtown
- Public Transportation: Multiple METRO bus stops within 1 block
- Bike Path: Buffalo Bayou bike path and Spring Street’s bike path run a couple of blocks from the property
Recent Area Developments
- Buffalo Heights: 50+ acre site with a projected 2,000,000 SF mixed-use development, surrounded by activated events and community green spaces. A 75,000-square-foot HEB grocery store will anchor the Waugh and Washington corner (work started as of Jan-2018). A mix of building types include nearly 700,000 square feet of office space, 150,000 square feet of retail and 1,200 apartment units. Property is situated within 2 miles from our subject property.
- 1302 Houston Ave: Redevelopment of the former Montalbano Tire Shop into a 15,000 SF retail and office building situated 0.2 miles away.
- Silos at Sawyer Yards: 36-acre “creative campus" with 300 artist studios, restaurants and retail. First phase completed as of Jan 2018. This development is 0.5 miles away.
- Studemont Junction: 180,000sf mixed used development with medical and retail space and 400-unit Class A multifamily residential complex located within 2 miles.
- Spring Street Studios: Recently completed redevelopment and preservation project in 1st Ward Arts District. 80 unique artist studios and galleries.
- 1800 Washington: Developer Frank Liu is planning a mixed-use development one block from our location